Medical Leave #Now



The 15 Year Itch

It's 15 years since my diagnosis.

Mental illness strikes again. The survival imperative kicks in. I march uphill - the only path ahead is that of a warrior, a soldier, a fighter. Somehow I am finding my way to the other side. God is answering prayers. My psycologist and psychiatrist helped me to feel heard. Work allowed me to take time off. My husband gave me grace, courage and support in every achy moment, and there has been many. I'm walking onto the other side of a two-month climb out of depression.

I think am learning how life stress can weigh on me twice as much as the not so bipolar person. It takes extra extra extra self-care and awareness to honor my needs and keep pressing forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little Mermaid

D-Day, June 17 2004; My Timeline

Are You Here